Sunday 1 September 2013

1st September - Meredith

Well where on earth did August disappear to?  I'm sure as you get older time goes much faster.  

Today we take my older son down to college for the next six months of on shore training.  He has only been back two weeks and for some of that he was away kayaking.  Still at least he is in the same country this time.

Our younger son starts sixth from tomorrow having achieved the grades needed for entry. Fantastic! We are so proud of what he has achieved despite his difficulties - he has a hard two years ahead but hopefully with the right support he will achieve his goals.

My Trendon girl for September is actually a 'Frido/Trendon' girl having been made in 1966/67, one of the earlier dolls painted by Kristina the art student, she has what the factory originally called the 'Puddle Eyes' (as Brenda Walton explained to me) but now more frequently referred to as Graphic Eyed or Developmental Eye paint.   She arrived over a year ago in June and is my true 'dream doll' and I just love her to bits.  I bought her from her original owner and feel very lucky to have her.   




Meredith is wearing the gorgeous smocked dress that my lovely friend Norvell sent to me earlier this year.  It looks so beautiful on Meredith and I have teamed it with some JJ shoes.


I've been practising my photography on completely manual settings so have rather a few photos of my delightful girl.





I hope everyone has a lovely September!

The next swap starts this month - details on the swap page.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I'll agree with you about the time flying by. (Just wait until you get to MY age and get slower with the 'doing of things'!)

    Many thanks for the September good wishes from you and the lovely Meredith in her beautiful dress from Norvell. Will defintely try to put them to extra good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As many good wishes as you need coming your way Kendal.

      Delete
  2. Happy September Lorraine!!! Meredith is stunning and even more so in Norvell's beautiful dress!!! I hope you have a great month and Fall season! Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger :-) Got to be a good month really doesn't it?!

      Delete
  3. Meredith does look pretty, and I really like her dress!
    And yes, time certainly does go much much quicker once you get past a certain age....don't you remember how those summer holidays from school seemed to stretch ahead of us and it was wonderful? Now 6 weeks passes in the blink of an eye! Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Sharon - seems like only yesterday really, but now well...zoom!

      Delete
  4. Meredith is lovely - and looks so pretty in her Norvell dress . I love smocking - and floral - so this is the ultimate in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a really delightful dress indeed and suits Meredith beautifully.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.