Wednesday 1 January 2014

'Joan' Cardigan/Sweater

First up wishing everyone a Very Happy and Healthy New Year.

No awe inspiring post from me today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Sadly we heard the other day that another Sasha Friend lost her battle with Cancer.  

In her memory 'Joan' Cardigan/Sweaters are going to be knitted and donated to this years Sasha Festival. 

 Although I never met or corresponded with Joan I have used her wonderful clear and concise knitting patterns a lot and they are among my favourite, so it is a pleasure to be able to contribute to this auction in her memory.

I finished the first that I am making last night.


I used UK DK yarn and was really pleased with the way it knitted up.


Danni, says please excuse her modelling in her underwear!


6 comments:

  1. It is a lovely cardigan and tell Danni she has pretty underwear. I have printed out the pattern and will try it. I never met Joan either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danni said a shy thank you. Would be lovely if you could make one. It really is a great pattern. The only thing is the buttonholes aren't marked. I have written the approximate row placement...although my second currently on the needles is slightly different as I had to count the rows on the first as I forgot to record them when doing them.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have Sasha Dolls, but enjoy seeing your lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad isn't it? I know too many people who have died from this terrible disease. One of whom was my 'God Sister' my Mum & Dad's god daughter, she was only 33 and had two very young children. So cruel!

      Delete
  3. I think this knitting of jumpers/cardigans to be raffled for charity at the Sasha Festivals is such a lovely way to remember and pay tribute to these wonderfully kind and generous Sasha Collectors who are unfortunately no longer with us but at peace in Sasha_Heaven.
    My thanks Lorraine for your lovely and generous above contribution in this project. You always give of your best in these situations.
    (I'm only sorry that I can no longer knit as I would willingly knit and participate.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kendal, I think it is wonderful way indeed. I will finish the second cardigan this evening all going well. It is so lovely to contribute in this way and I am so lucky I can do so.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.