Sunday 3 May 2015

Emily and Amber - My Pony Tail Girls.


I first saw Emily on Shelly's website Sasha Doll UK in 2011.  I had been admiring her for weeks and telling my husband about how lovely several of the dolls were on Shelly's site were and eventually he suggested we go down to see them.  Little did I know that I would come home with three Sasha dolls, of which my only 'pony tail' girls, Emily and Amber, are two of them!

Below are Shelly's two photos she took to advertise Emily.




I was a little concerned about the scratch on her face, until I saw her for real and then there was no doubt that she would come home with me.

Emily is a 1960s Gotz Brunette Pony Tail.  She has slate coloured eyes and was wearing a pretty lime green dress made by Molly. I think the dress shows her off beautifully and the shoes she is wearing are her favourite shoes and she still wears them today.

The next two photos are her 'arrival home' photos.




Emily has been Henry's travel companion and friend since Henry arrived and they have enjoyed several trips away together.  In September 2011 they went to Germany together and had a lot of fun visiting various places while there.

Earlier this year Emily had to go in for 'surgery' as her stringing which was always rather loose, although she was always a great poser, became completely unable to sustain a pose.  I can tell you she was rather relieved to be able to stand again!


Her Valentines Day Portrait.

Despite the wet weather this weekend, it warmed up a little this afternoon to convince Emily that she could changed into a pretty smocked summer dress.



This pretty dress is made by my friend Kath in Australia.


Her little 'tuft' at the back of her head.


Some more gratuitous shots of Emly.




She even braved the garden!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My second 'Pony Tail' girl is Amber, who also came home the same day Emily did.

Amber is a 1965 Large head yellow eyed, redhead pony tail. She has beautiful delicate lashes.  She also has a no seam torso being from the first year of manufacture.

Below are the photos Shelly had on her site.  Of course she was another I fell in love with as soon as I saw her lovely face.  




Emily came wearing a blue checked dress and tights made by Patty.

Below are her two 'arrival home' photographs.





Amber has a way of really 'looking' at you and there have been several instances during the years since she arrived when I have glanced up only to see her 'looking' at me.  


I don't take her 'out' much as when she first arrived I had her outside for a photo session and she fell over on the concrete and I have always been worried ever since about it happening again and her getting 'damaged'.  I did take her out last summer though to the rose gardens to meet up with some friends and we had a lovely day there.



Amber was rather reluctant today to change out of her winter dress...she said hadn't I just been complaining about how cold it was?  She too thought it was cold!



I explained that it was fairly warm inside and she didn't have to go outside if she didn't want to!


With a bit of a sigh she agreed.



'No Seam' torso...


Her little pony tail tuft of hair at the back


plus her scratched logo.


A close up of her lovely amber eyes and delicate lashes.


Side view of her hair in a pony tail.


Amber is wearing the first smocked dress I made.


She decided that it was okay to go out in the garden as the sun came out briefly.


She quite likes lavender - it is her favourite colour.


She looks a bit jaundiced in this photo!  








22 comments:

  1. hi have just fell in love with your sasha`s thank you for sharing them with us .you are very lucky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am indeed very lucky to have such beautiful dolls and to have a husband who has indulged me. :-) Glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the info on Emily and Amber is gorgeous too. They both look beautiful in thier before and after photo's, loving the Lilac on Amber it really suits her. Can't wait for the next installment of your Sasha's and Gregor's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Michelle, glad you enjoyed it. I was thinking afterwards that you might have meant Amber? On my 'Girls' page, I notice that whereas I normally write the description under their photos, on that page I have their names above...and when you said she hadn't feature much I thought perhaps it was Amber you were asking about so thought I would do both at the same time!

      Delete
    2. You are quite correct Lorraine I did mean Amber but Emily is a beauty as well.

      Delete
  3. Hi Lorraine both girls are lovely but i am afraid Amber is my favourite, thank you for sharing them with us X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Amber is everyone's favourite! She is rather special and beautiful.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful smocking on their dresses. Is the scratch on Emily's face treatable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dresses are lovely aren't they? Kath's work especially is wonderful - I so love her work. As for the scratch, I don't know...I have never tried to do anything with it - it really has never bothered me.

      Delete
  5. Yeaaa! So glad you are continuing your blog! and I love Miss Amber in lavender...Norvell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norvell :-) Amber does look lovely in lavender. Now I need to make up the other smocked dresses!

      Delete
  6. I've always been interested in the small tuft of hair at the nape of their necks on these pony-tailed girls. Both of my two had them but as I understand some of them don't..... though have never discovered why this was.

    How lovely to have bought these two (though you mentioned a third!) from Sashadolluk on your visit there. A super reminder of what must have been a very eventful day's outing.

    Both look very pretty in their dresses and I can agree with Amber that it was best to keep her warmer cord dress on for the time being during the morning as although the sun was shining there is still that cold wind around until later in the afternoon.
    I well remember her outings with 'Dear' Henry and also you making that smocked dress plus Patty's Sashawardrobe clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The little tuft is interesting isn't it Kendal...I wonder why it was that some have this, whereas others don't?

      The third Sasha was my blonde gingham girl 'Charlotte' :-)

      Still cold here yes, but was a little warmer yesterday afternoon despite the damp weather. A gorgeous sunny day here this morning.

      Delete
  7. All the girls have vibrant face painting which is enhanced by their pretty dresses. Vivienne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vivienne, these two do have lovely face painting and are a delight to dress.

      Delete
  8. Lovely to see Emily and Amber, two very special Gotz girls. It is nice to learn how you found them and I would love to live in driving distance to Shelly's house! Maybe it is better for my purse that there is an ocean between us! ;) Amber is so very special and I love how you have dressed her. Those white lacey tights are so pretty! Thank you for a great post Lorraine! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit far for me to drive to Shelly's house, which is just as well probably! I don't think my husband would dare take me again though as we only went for one doll!

      Glad you enjoyed the post Ginger.

      Delete
  9. Your two Gotz girls and their dresses are beautiful, Lorraine. Thanks for sharing their photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, so glad you enjoyed them. :-)

      Delete
  10. I love these girl. Of course, I'm partial to ponytail's as that is what my Maisy is. Your pictures convey what you wrote about Amber have a way of looking at you. I had forgotten that you had smocked that dress. When I saw the first picture I thought to myself "who made that gorgeous dress". Glad the mystery was cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ponytail girls are very sweet aren't they? I think something about their ponytails reminds us even more of the innocence of childhood.

      Thank you :-)

      Delete
  11. Thank you once again for the lovely pictures and info on the ponytail girls. Your blog is always so interesting. The smocked dresses were gorgeous on the gorgeous girls.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.