Friday 30 November 2012

A Sasha/Gregor Challenge of the Utmost Kind


Well it is official!  I have designed my badge and committed myself to doing this challenge for a year starting from 1st December, although in all honesty I have already started it.  If anyone else would like to be mad enough to join in, please feel free to, let me know and you can use the photo above I have designed to put on your blog if you have one.

I have a couple of exceptions:

1.  If I manage to go to the Sasha Festival
2.  If family gift me some cash to buy something for the dolls (highly unlikely!)


Now for two of the three dresses I made yesterday for the girls for Christmas.


The first is being modelled by Molly, who was the one of the first Sasha dolls to be added to my Sasha family and my first brunette.  I bought her from Ronny of Absolutely Sasha and to say that she is still one of my most favourite girls.


She has a sweet nature and I really love her.


Red is so difficult to photograph well I find.  The fabric is a lovely needle/pin cord sent to me by a kind lady on one of the Ravelry groups I belong to.


I think Molly is just so lovely.

Next up we have Alice, my blonde centre part Kilt girl.


She teamed the dress with blue Jean Jensen shoes and hair bands.


She is a gorgeous girl, with lovely eyes and smile.


I think this dress really suits her and she seems quite happy in it.


She is always smiling!

Well must get on, we are preparing our lounge for Christmas decorations today and I also want to get some more sewing done.

On my needles:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little reminder that the Secret Santa Christmas Parcels should just about be on their way!


12 comments:

  1. Lovely new dresses! They suit their wearers beautifully. Good luck with your handmade challenge. As I'm working on my swap items I'm reminded how much fun it is to sew for Sasha! My challenge should be to make time (more than just a few minutes hear or there--serious blocks of time) to sew items for my own dear Sasha. I would join your challenge if I didn't have about 4 items I have had on my wish list for ever so long. Fortunately, funds have been set aside for those items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can join in, if you make an exception of those four items ;-)

      Delete
  2. Forgot to mention, so glad you're planning on attending the festival. I hope to be there with my daughter, we live quite close to where it is being held.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you well on your challenge. I know you will be able to do it.
    I love the photo you made for your button! It is very nostalgic and artistic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and my very best wishes for keeping to the challenge.
    Sasha love from Kendal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww those are lovely drsses....I wish you well with your quest!
    Your girls are going to be very happy with what you make for them, I'm sure.
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've decided that I'd like to join you on your quest to just make clothes for your dolls instead of buying. I have a couple of things on their way, but I bought them already so they don't count. The only thing I'm no good at making are shoes, so if they needed any, which they don't at the moment, then I would only buy those. They have three pairs on their way anyway.
    Thanks so much! Lets see what we come up with!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice that you are joining in Sharon, always makes it much more fun. I don't count shoes either, although I do intend to try and make some. I think anyway that most of my dolls are covered as far as shoes go, so will only get if absolutely necessary. Don't forget to take the 'button' if you wish to :-)

      Delete
  7. Hope your challenge goes well Lorraine. As someone who can not knit or sew I shall be buying from/supporting the talented seamstresses out there that really rely on the Sasha community to keep them going! SEW a little happiness Ladies...my Sashas and I salute you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is out of necessity as much as anything as still working on the debt situation!

      Delete
    2. Ahh! Debt... I think I can safely say that everyone who collects Sasha has been in debt at some point of their lives! But as surely as Sasha gets you into debt, she can get you out of it (by selling on) ...she really is an amazing doll :0

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.